Public Speaking Super Powers Podcast: Season 4, Episode 3
Have you considered using humor in your presentations? There are several advantages to doing so. Listen to this month’s episode to learn six of the benefits of using humor in your speeches.
This podcast is going on hiatus until the Fall. But, never fear, I will still be posting text-based content here. And when I return this fall I’ll have a guest speaker who will be talking about storytelling!
Length: 3 minutes, 56 seconds
The six benefits of using humor I cover in this episode are:
- Humor can put the audience at ease: Lightening the mood can help you get your message across more easily
- Humor can create a connection: It can make you and your message become more relatable
- Humor can keep your audience engaged: Breaking things up helps keep your audience awake and engaged
- Humor can make key points memorable: Humor helps people remember things better
- Humor can help you make a better impression: Your audience will remember how you made them feel more than anything else
- Humor lightens the load: A little humor can make a heavy subject more bearable
About the Public Speaking Super Powers Podcast
Is there a topic you’d like covered on the podcast? Would you like to ask a question about Public Speaking on the show? Send your suggestions and questions to email@example.com and mention that it is for the PSSP podcast.