Been on a webinar lately? I bet you have. With the lockdowns still in place, most (if not all) speaking opportunities have gone virtual and many businesses are using webinars more than they used to.
The fact is, webinars are one of today’s hottest marketing trends. Each and every week, you’ll find small business owners hosting webinars about book publishing, blogging, and even how to sell T-shirts online. No matter what your niche or industry, webinars are a great option for growing your market. This is especially true for you as a speaker.
Below you’ll find three ways that webinars can help you grow your business as a speaker.
A Webinar Can Build Your List
Perhaps the number one reason to host a webinar — especially if you partner with another business owner in a complementary niche — is to grow your list. Here’s why it works so well.
As a speaker with resources and information to share, you’re in demand, and there are plenty of others out there looking to partner with you.
- Find some colleagues in a related niche to host your webinar event.
- Ask them to mail their list with an offer to join you both on the call.
- Collect emails in your mailing list system when someone registers for the webinar.
- Any sales you make from the event will pay your partner an affiliate commission.
You both win! You build your mailing list, and your partners earn cash for their time.
Showcase Your Expertise with a Webinar
You’ve no doubt heard plenty of people talking about the “know, like, and trust factor.” It’s a simple reminder that very few people will buy from you the first time they encounter your content or offer. They need more info. And they need to build trust.
A webinar is a fantastic way to build this trust. Because they can hear your voice, and maybe even see your face, there’s an instant connection. Not only that, but you get to impress them with your knowledge and expertise. Your audience will walk away not only knowing you better but also with the impression that you are the go-to person in your niche.
If you host a series of related webinars, you amplify this effect.
Sell to a Captive Audience
Here’s a fact you may not have considered: Webinar attendees are primed to buy. Make them an irresistible offer, and you’ll be amazed at how effective selling from the virtual stage can be.
What’s irresistible? Try these proven tactics:
- Make a targeted offer that addresses the frustrations they are already thinking about before coming to your webinar.
- Fast acting bonuses just for those who buy while on the call or shortly after it ends.
- Deep discounts available only for a limited time — typically if they buy before midnight of the day of the event.
These tips have worked for thousands of webinar presenters and will work for you, too.
Whether you’ve never hosted a webinar before, or you’re already an old hand, there’s little doubt that this is a tool that really performs. The amount of time you spend preparing and promoting is minor compared to the potential returns, so get out there and start planning your next webinar event!